2015 MotoGP entry list released
The provisional entry list for next seasons MotoGP World Championship has been released today, and there are no real surprises, with seats still to be assigned.
The Factory Yamaha and Honda teams have their current four riders all signed up for next season, as well as the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team keeping Smith and Espargaro for 2015.
The Factory Ducati team has seen Cal Crutchlow replaced with Andera Iannone, who will join compatriot Andrea Dovizioso in the Factory squad.
Crutchlow will be on the LCR Honda bike next season, alongside rookie Jack Miller. Whilst Scott Redding will have the final Factory Honda with his new Marc VDS MotoGP outfit.
Stefan Bradl and Loris Baz are two new riders for the NGM Yamaha Forward Racing team. Eugene Laverty makes his return into the Grand Prix paddock alongside Nicky Hayden in the Aspar Honda squad, too.
There are two new manufactures on the grid next season. Suzuki have confirmed their full time return for 2015 and have Aleix Espargaro and rookie Maverick Viñales for next season. Whilst Aprillia officially return in a factory capacity too. Alvaro Bautista is signed up, but the seat alongside him is one of the current unclaimed seats.
The second unclaimed seat is that of the IODA Racing project, with long term rider Danilo Petrucci leaving and joining Yonny Hernandez in the Pramac Ducati team.
The Avintia team is the only other unchanged team, but next season both Barbera and Di Meglio will be running Ducati’s rather than the Kawasaki’s from this season.
You will also see Jack Miller has taken the number 43 with his usual 8 being taken by Hector Barbera.
Provisional 2015 entry list
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team *
6. Stefan Bradl GER NGM Forward Racing Yamaha
8. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing Ducati
9. Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Racing Ducati *
17. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Honda
19. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini *
25. Maverick Vinales ESP Team Suzuki MotoGP *
26. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team *
29. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team *
35. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda *
38. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 *
41. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki MotoGP *
43. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda
44. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 *
45. Scott Redding GBR Marc VDS Racing Honda *
46. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP *
50. Eugene Laverty IRL Drive M7 Aspar Honda
63. Mike di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing Ducati
68. Yonny Hernandez COL Pramac Racing Ducati *
69. Nicky Hayden USA Drive M7 Aspar Honda
76. Loris Baz FRA NGM Forward Racing Yamaha
93. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team *
99. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP *
TBA Factory Aprilia Gresini *
TBA Octo IodaRacing Team
* Factory option